8 firm, evenly shaped portabella mushrooms
1 recipe Live Garden Burger (see below)
4 thin onion slices
16 leaves lettuce or spinach
2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. Carefully cut out the mushroom stalks.
2. With the ice-cream scoop, portion out a burger from the pâté and place it on the flat side of the mushroom; flatten with a spatula.
3. Cut a thin slice of onion and add it on top of the burger. Place a couple of leaves of lettuce or spinach on the onion, then a couple of tomato on the leaves.
4. Scoop out another burger and add it on top of the tomatoes; flatten.
5. Add two more leaves and top with another mushroom “bun.”