Chocolate Avocado Mousse
This mousse is 100% Paleo, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan and absolutely delicious, says Elizabeth Nyland. “The texture coming out of the fridge is amazing and even stellar right out of the blender. Don’t fear the avocado, you can’t even tell it’s in there.” It keeps for at least a day or two, covered, in the fridge.
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 oz 100% pure dark chocolate
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp instant coffee
6 pitted medjool dates
2 large ripe avocados, pitted
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Set a small metal bowl atop a small saucepan of water, filled about 1/3 of the way. Set on high heat until it boils, then turn down to a simmer.
2. Melt the first four ingredients in the bowl, stirring occasionally. Set aside while preparing the next part of the recipe.
3. In a blender or food processor, add the remaining ingredients and blend until almost smooth.
4. Add in the chocolate mixture and continue to blend until completely smooth.
5. Scoop or pipe into glass bowls. Place in refrigerator to firm up for four hours or eat it soft and warm straight out of the blender.
Reprinted with permission from Elizabeth Nyland, guiltykitchen.com