2 cups fat-free egg substitute
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1 tsp crushed garlic
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Combine the egg substitute and Parmesan cheese in a medium-sized bowl.
Stir to mix well and set aside.
2. Coat a 10” nonstick, ovenproof skillet with cooking spray and add the
mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Place over medium heat, cover and cook for
about 2 minutes, stirring several times, or until the mushrooms are tender.
Add the broccoli, mix well and spread evenly over the bottom of the skillet.
3. Reduce the heat to low and pour egg mixture over the vegetables. Cover and
cook without stirring for 10 minutes, or until the eggs have almost set.
Preheat the broiler.
4. Remove cover and wrap the skillet handle in aluminum foil (to protect it from
the broiler). Place under the broiler 6” from the heat for about 3 minutes, or until
the eggs are set but not dry.
5. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the frittata and broil an additional minute or
until the cheese has melted. Cut into wedges and serve.
Serves 4. Analysis per serving: 140 calories, 24g protein,
1.2g fat, 2.3g fiber, 7g carbohydrates
Source: The Good Carb Cookbook by Sandra Woodruff